Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build your own Android apps
- Understand how Android™ applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources
- Design and develop useful Android™ applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views and using Menus.
- Take advantage of Android’s Application Framework API to build complex applications.
- Utilize the power of background services, threads, and notifications.
- Use Android’s communication APIs for SMS, telephony, network management, and internet resources (HTTP).
- Secure, tune, package, and deploy Android™ applications
This course is designed for software developers interested in designing, creating, deploying, and testing applications for the Android™ mobile phone platform. It is valuable to both novices and gurus, who already have experience in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
- History of Android
- Android Stack
- Hello Android
- Architecting Android Apps
- Activities and User Interface
- Action Bar and Navigation
- Advanced UI
- Threads and Processes
- Broadcast Receivers
- Content Providers
- Lists and Adapters
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Web Applications
- Integrating with Embedded Applications
- Debugging and Testing Android Apps
- Android Security Overview